Google

Saturday, February 24, 2007

That puffa smoke!

I have stopped smoking. I don’t use the word quit. The first time that I actually stopped, I went around telling people proudly that I quit and that I finally got myself rid of this ghastly habit, only to fall flat on my face when someone casually passed me that not-so-harmless-looking drag in between rounds of drinks. The first drag always gets you strapped to the seat and before you know it you are on a roller coaster ride. Its that time of the year when I manage to stop smoking and its been three days since I have even bothered to look at it. Its really easy to keep away from smoking as long as you stay away from the first drag. Occasionally, ofcourse, there is this urge that makes you want to buy the tobacco stick from the oh-so many shops where it can be procured. Today is just one of those days. I see a guy approaching me with a cigarette dangling from his mouth. He comes up to me and asks “You got a match?” “Yeah” I say to him before I walk away. “My butt, your face.”

9 comments:

ra said...

lol, lol, richie richie, u guys had sparks!lol!

so did u stop cuz of lent? hmm, im trying to cut down, i do ocassionally and then the stress levels shoot thru the roof and im back to square 1.

good luck with that meanwhile im lighting up my 24th stick of the day. and the days not done yet.

Chrisann said...

kissing a somker is like licking an ash tray!
and who would wanna lick an ash tray?
smoke weed, tobacco kills
(this coming from someone who smokes neither)

ra said...

ever lick an ashtray?
what if the ashtray liked a non smoker?
what if the non smoker liked the ashtray?
do u think they would ever kiss?
what if the ashtray liked another ashtray?
better stop there!!

oh smoke weed just once, and u destroy grey matter. it does release another venue, but original grey matter is gone for good.

Chrisann said...

so says the tobacco lobby

Chrisann said...

and of course they would kiss
but then would they like the kissing?

krashwin said...

btw, have u heard of that guy, who owns a two-legged doggie? every time he felt like smoking, he'd take the doggie for a drag.

Richie said...

yes rod, i stopped smoking cuz of lent and i am sure i wudn't touch the stick for 40 days.... its the 41st day that i will have show show nerves of steel:D

chrisann.. for the love of kicks and kisses, why wud anyone lick an ashtray? :)

And krash, i have heard of mr. champak ;)

ra said...

lol @ krash!!

the ashtrays wouldnt mind.

lickin an ashtray, well, its all about how you feel about the ashtray.

Chrisann said...

RICH-ONE
POST!!!