Google

Friday, February 16, 2007

Splash!

It was late Sunday afternoon. Glenn and Paul (names changed to conceal their identity, lest they get offended) accompanied me to meet Ash at his club and after a coupla hours of playing table tennis, we decided to hit the swimming pool while Ash decided to join the clowns on the treadmill who simply run like crazy without reaching anywhere. While I waded into deeper waters, Glenn and Paul contented themselves by remaining close to the edge at 4 ft depth with the railing at an arm’s length. I do not lay any tall claims to be a professional swimmer myself, but I guess I am comfortable in water. These guys reminded me of my earlier days in the pool, when I did the same. Once, after shedding my inhibitions, I had ventured into deeper waters when I developed cramps in my feet. I started beating at the water in a frenzy and I almost drowned myself and another person who happened to be close at hand. However, he saved himself and in the process managed to save me. According to my friends who were around, it was quite a sight.

When I looked towards Paul and Glenn, I saw that they were arousing more than a passerby’s curiosity. They were definitely upto something and it wasn’t swimming. It was as if they were competing to see who among them could make the most splashing noise. They were in sync with each other. One would be forgiven for assuming that these guys had taken it on themselves to drain the swimming pool of water. If these guys were seeking attention, they had it, and if a waiter is to be believed, even from people dining in a restaurant on the fourth floor of the clubhouse. If only it was internationally acknowledged an impossible feat to send the water at eighteen ft from a shallow depth of 4 ft, these guys have done our country proud. If a tsunami could be created in a swimming pool, the credit goes to these guys. If these guys are left to do their number in the Arabian Sea, they would attract the attention of a shark in the Pacific. If you think I've used an if too many in the last few sentences, you've no idea about the spectacle I've been an eyewitness to.

I made a shy exit from the swimming pool.

9 comments:

ra said...

im a drowner myself.

ra said...

im also lazy. tusnami(i ddnit missppel the wrod) dreams/nitemares? presently having two donuts , a pepsi and a turkey boob sandwich, all this talk of physical exertion and im tired. but then im always tired. is it possible to let some pirhana loose in the pool?

Richie said...

Lolz, rod.
I am concerned, not for ya... but the pirhanas... talk 'bout extra fillings for your sandwich :D

Chrisann said...

ewww@ turkey boob,
funny you have successfully ruined smoked turkey breast for me
rich-eeee,
I love to swim
very at home in the water
have never had a cram
but have had embarassing cousin in water
he pooped in the shallow end
but he was three so i guess that's
excuseable?
NOT!
have not returned to avion lonavala since...

Paul said...

F@*#EEER...... :)

Richie said...

chrisann, why do i feel the same when it comes to going back to the club for swimming.... But i figure i'll grow a moustache before i head back :D

paul, sorry dude.... but the urge to reveal all was too overpowering ;)

ra said...

lol
lmao
lol

we need another battle of the bands lol!!!

that'll put everything into perpective.lol!!!

Chrisann said...

Hi paul
:)
do I need to have a raincoat on if I met you?

krashwin said...

damn! i missed the show, but heard from the authorities, that the club's fountain show was cancelled that day. now i know why :)