Google

Saturday, February 10, 2007

grrrr!

It is a li’l past eight in the evening and I’m headed home after a hectic day at work. I am at Andheri station on the east and I find myself among the sea of bobbing heads easing through, nudging and occasionally trampling on people’s feet on the way home. Andheri East at this time, if one was afforded an arial view, would resemble a carnival so much so that one should look with pity on the guy, rather than with scorn, who actually mistook it for one and is caught in the melee with no escape route in sight. Not that Andheri West is any better.
The day that had started off well took a nasty turn when there was an electricity failure at my office and not one nor two but three clients called in succession, inquiring about the jobs that were to be emailed to them and each of them apparently oblivious to the fact that without electricity, the computers do not function. Clients are impossible at times and when I told a lady (without doubt, a client) that she was being one, she giggled.
Even when the electricity was restored, there was no reprieve as jobs that had piled up since morn, were lined up and the calls from the clients never ceased. Finally, when I called it a day, I decided to walk it down to Andheri station and now here I am, a part of the throng. I manage to break away, hail an autorickshaw and I reach home, but not before getting caught up in numerous traffic snarls. I join six people in an elevator meant for five and I wonder if claustrophobia assumes any significance in Mumbai.
I hope I get to watch some TV. I hope I get to watch some TV. I open the door. Golly, my brother is already at it. He’s watching some movie where a race is about to begin.
On your marks… get set… go away!

8 comments:

ra said...

amchi mumbai is amchi mumbai, wot say? no power, crowded trains, pollution....-chaotic imbalance. city like no other. clients like no other.lol

Richie said...

right said rod... and especially for clients... u can't live 'em, u can't live without 'em :)

krashwin said...

'why us' is all i ask!

Chrisann said...

ANDHERI EAST STATION IS THE WORST
(I should know I live there)

Chrisann said...

I meant I live in andheri east not at the station

Richie said...

Ash, i guess its an occupational hazzard:)

Richie said...

Chrisann, u almost had me wondering "if there is a dwelling at the station, where cud it be?" :D

Chrisann said...

I think it would be near where the parking lot currently is...if you climb the new bridge from the east side and look over the railing to your right you'd see the parking lot...